Saint Francis (Ind.)
Women's Basketball - Sat, Feb. 11, 2017
MARION, Ind. -- No. 24 Indiana Wesleyan University women’s basketball struggled from the field on Saturday in a 54-46 loss to Saint Francis (Ind.) in the NAIA DII Game of the Week. IWU shot 29-percent from the floor and 50-percent from the free throw line as they lost their fourth game in five tries.
- NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Game of the Week
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan - 46 | Saint Francis - 54
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 17-11, 10-6 Crossroads League | Saint Francis 14-14, 9-7 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan - No. 24 | Saint Francis - Not ranked
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The game was tabbed the NAIA Division II Women’s Basketball Game of the Week.
- Nichole Ignasiak gained the first double-double of her career with 15 points and a career-high 10 rebounds.
- Indiana Wesleyan connected on 17 field goals which is tied for the lowest in a game this season. IWU finished at 29-percent shooting.
COACH FORAKER SAYS…
- ”It’s been an emotional rollercoaster for us this week with injuries and illness. I think we did run out of gas as we didn’t have as many people to play. We just didn’t execute the way we should have at the end. And we didn’t shoot the way we usually do. We just weren’t hitting it.
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan plays their final regular season home game of the year on Wednesday as they host Mount Vernon Nazarene (Ohio). Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. in Luckey Arena.
|Saint Francis (Ind.) 14-14, 9-7 CL||6||11||17||20||54|
|Indiana Wesleyan 17-11, 10-6 CL||11||10||10||15||46|
|Feb. 11, 2017|
|#21 Kara Gerka - 21||Points
||#33 Nicole Ignasiak - 15|
|#21 Kara Gerka - 8||Rebounds
||2 Players (#21,#33) - 10|
|4 Players - 2||Assists
||2 Players (#10,#21) - 3|
|37% (17 - 46)
||Field Goals %
||29.3% (17 - 58)|
|33.3% (8 - 24)
||3 Point Field Goals %
||20% (4 - 20)|
|60% (12 - 20)
||50% (8 - 16)|
|4||2nd Chance Pts