SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Indiana Wesleyan men’s golf won their first tournament of the season when they shot a tournament-low 301 on Saturday to jump past Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) in the second and final round of the Pilot Spring Invitational. Jake Coffey won medalist honors as he finished two-over par over 36 holes.
- Pilot Spring Invitational - Day 2 of 2
- Team Score / Standings: Indiana Wesleyan - 608 (307-301) | 1st of 12
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan - Not ranked
- Location: Blackthorn Golf Club | South Bend, Indiana
- Course Statistics: Par - 72 | Distance - 7,063 yards
- 1. Indiana Wesleyan 608 (307-301)
- 2. Purdue Northwest (Ind.) 626 (307-319)
- 3. Holy Cross (Ind.) 628 (310-318)
- 4. Olivet Nazarene (Ill.) 630 (304-326)
- 5. Grace (Ind.) 645 (316-329)
COACH OKE SAYS…
- “Really proud of the comeback by the men today, led by senior Jake Coffey. It's great to have Jake be tournament medalist, followed by Nick Schad in fifth and some other solid scores for a great team win in tough conditions.”
UP NEXT FOR MEN’S GOLF
- Indiana Wesleyan competes at the Taylor Invitational on Monday at Ackerman-Allen Golf Course in West Lafayette, Indiana. There will be 36 holes played during the one day tournament.